Lauren's Virtual World

Friday, August 10, 2012

Beginnings of My Lined Jacket

So I’ve officially entered the Lined Jacket Contest on PR, yay!  I’ve been meaning to join another contest forever, but I just haven’t had the time or the motivation.  But I’m on it now.  So, my jacket is going to be BWOF 7/2010 118/119, it’s a combo of the two.

There’s no peplum because my daughter told me it would make me look like a duck, lol.  I like the peplum, but I don’t like the idea of looking like a duck.  So I’m going to do the safe thing and leave it off.  Don’t you just love how brutally honest kids are? 

So here’s the progress so far.  I love the jacket even more now that I have a real life glimpse of how she’ll look.

IMG_0267

I decided to do a muslin because I haven’t made a jacket for myself in forever.  In fact, I haven’t made a jacket for me since my daughter as born.  And I’m sure my alterations are totally different with this mommy body, lol.  And according to my muslin they are.  No more nipping in at the waist, cuz yeah, my waist is just bigger.  I started with a size 42 and it fit pretty well.  I must have a freakishly short back cuz look at this.  Here’s my back alterations:

IMG_0270

The front was actually pretty good, I just needed to take it in by the upper princess seam.

IMG_0269

I also want to lengthen it overall just by an 1”.  This jacket is really fitted and short. I didn’t bother putting the sleeve in because the back armhole is going to change with the alteration.  I figure I’ll deal with the sleeves on paper once I get the body to fit. 

The only dilemma I have left is trying to decide if I should use buttons or a zipper.  The zipper looks really cool, but it leaves the front kind of bare.  I don’t know.  If you’ve read this far, what do you think?  Any advice?  BTW the fabric is going to be black wool gabardine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google