Lauren's Virtual World

Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: Kwik Sew 2725

FYI, Kwik Sew 2725 and 2754 are the same pattern, just different sizes.  I don’t get why they do that.

IMG_0080

Fabric Used:  Nylon/spandex Leotard fabric

Construction Notes:

I had some constructions issues.  I wanted to have a ready to wear look and use my coverstitch but she was not behaving.  I couldn’t get the tension right for the life of me.  I tried all kinds of things and the underside just kept coming out really loopy. It looked fine on the outside, but the loopiness on the inside was really bothering me.  I finally decided that life was too short and I just used the 3 step zig zag (or elastic) stitch.

Here’s what it looks like on your machine:

three-step-zig-zag-stitch-crop

And on the garment:

IMG_0084

Here’s the inside.  I think it looks pretty clean, but of course that is personal preference.
IMG_0085

The 3 step zig zag stitch is my new favorite stitch.  It’s amazing!  And I’m not kidding, lol.  I used it to attach my elastic ( I used 1/4” braided elastic) to the wrong side, then, I flipped it over and finished with another 3 step zig zag stich on top.  Fast, quick, easy, and super stretchy.  To be honest, I actually prefer this to the RTW coverstitching.  It just feels more secure- to me at least.

Pattern:
This pattern is awesome!  It fit all the girls perfect right out the package.  I only had to do pattern alterations for one girl who had wildly different measurements outside standard sizes.  The fact that it fit so many girls and body types was awesome. 

Conclusion:  I highly recommend this pattern!  Patterns are supposed to make our sewing easier and this pattern did just that.  I will definitely keep this as my go to leotard pattern.  If you have a girl in dance or gymnastics, this leotard is a must have.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Looking online for help making leotards - have been fiddling with a home made pattern and contemplating buying the KS2754.... the thing I am struggling most with is the elastic fit around arms, legs and neck.... yours looks pretty good. Can you offer any help??? please weespud@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Google