Lauren's Virtual World

Friday, July 20, 2012

More Undies

I’ve been busy with more lingerie.  Here’s a string bikini style that I drafted from a pair of RTW panties that fit well.

Fabric/ Materials:  Jersey scraps, stretch lace trim, and picot edge elastic

First Pair:

IMG_0148

It’s kinda weird to have a pair of panties made out of the exact same fabric as one of my dresses.

Construction details:

IMG_0158

IMG_0155

IMG_0153

Second Pair:

Here’s the second pair w/ the cami from KS 2467. 

IMG_0131

Love the panties, hate the cami. I’m kinda bummed that I used the last of my jersey and lace to make this.

I don’t blame the pattern, b/c it is well drafted and it looks like the pattern picture. It’s just doesn’t work for me. The tucks look terrible and the triangle shape where the cups meet the bodice just make the girls look droopy. I think this one is probably better suited for a smaller bust. I haven’t decided if I’m going to keep or toss the cami. It looks terrible on me, but it feels soft and comfy.

Construction Details:

IMG_0135

IMG_0150

IMG_0138

Overall, I’m happy with both pairs of panties.  I really couldn’t believe how quick and easy they are to make.  I can’t see myself ever buying RTW panties again. 

4 comments:

  1. You've become a lingerie expert. I keep saying I'll try undies, but for some reason I keep shying away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a go. It's really the easiest and quickest thing to make. Even easier and quicker than a knit tee. Don't wait any longer, lol.

      Delete
  2. Loving the blog Lauren, and thanks for showing me your recent projects in person the other day. Jersey cotton looks super comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel, Thanks for the nice comments.

      Delete

Google