Lauren's Virtual World

Friday, July 13, 2012

FNSI- Tonight is the Night!



I’m participating in Friday Night Sew In again.  It’s a great way to make myself set aside time to get some sewing done.  Then I get to share what I’ve done the next day with my virtual sewing sisters.  And of course I get to see what they’ve worked on as well.  If you want to join in, you can sign up at Handmade by Heidi.

Now the question is- what to work on?  I have the top to Vogue 1282 sitting in my UFO pile waiting to be finished.  It’s been there since April.  That’s pretty ridiculous since it’s a pretty easy pattern.  The problem is that the instructions/ finishing techniques suck and I just don’t want to deal with it.  I know many people love Mcall/ Vogue/ Butterick, but I’m really close to being thru with them.  Yes, I love my top from V1259, but, they just really need to work on their instructions and drafting.  I actually have a lot of gripes with that pattern too.

My other option is to start the shorts from Simplicity 1808.  The shorts have been on my to sew list for awhile now.  I saw some great versions sewn here.  So of course now I really wanna sew mine, lol. 

Hmm, start something new or finish a UFO?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google