Lauren's Virtual World

Saturday, July 14, 2012

FNSI Results

Okay, so I decided to just finish up Vogue 1282 instead of working on my shorts.  It’s always nice to knock out a UFO. So my goal was to finish it, and ofcourse, I didn’t.  I spent too long trying to fix the cb seam- the only seam- at the neck.  Plus it has a cut on facing so….  Well anyways, I ended up taking out about 8” at the cb neck.  No, I am not kidding.  And I had to blend it into the rest of the seam.  Well, it’s almost finished.  I decided to just step away because it was late and I was starting to get sloppy b/c I was annoyed.  Everything is done except for the armholes.  I also might go back and fine tune the cb/facing thing a little more.  Here’s the status:

Front and Back:

IMG_0167IMG_0171

I also made a quick, no pattern maxi skirt for my sister.  She came to the fabric store with me and liked this fabric. 

Skirt:

IMG_0163

That’s all I got.  Hope everyone has a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Love the color of the top and the top itself. Was this a complicated pattern? I've read reviews of other bloggers who have made it and they complained about how low the front was. I had the pattern on my inspiration board, but have shyed away from it because I just was not sure of it. Just need to know if it's complicated so I can save my nerves if it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The top is not complicated, the problem is the instructions and drafting are sloppy. I ended up raising the neckline by 4", but that is relatively easy. You just sew the front seam up a little higher. The bigger issue to me, is the upper cb seam by the neck. It's just way to big. I had to take out 8" (4 on each side) and then blend it into the rest of the cb seam. This is complicated even more b/c the facing is part of the same pattern piece. When you mess with the upper cb seam, it affect the way the facing folds to the inside. Also, the armhole finishing is strange. I haven't done it yet so I can't comment on it. Plus, the front drape sticks out kinda funny from the side. I don't really mind it though, but it is something the think about. I'll try to write a full review when I finish. Honestly, I would only recommend the pattern if you are in love with the style.

      Delete
  2. Lovely top, but goodness, it sounds like you might as well have written the pattern yourself. I just hate getting sloppy patterns. I sometimes wonder if they even test them at all. Great FNSI! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Hopefully I will be finished with this pattern soon and I can finally start my shorts. I'm so ready to move on, lol.

      Delete

Google