Lauren's Virtual World

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

BWOF Skirt 3/07 111

Pattern Used:  BWOF 3/07 111

3131

Finished Skirt:

Fabric Used:  Printed textured cotton woven

Pattern Notes:  The pattern was well drafted and I didn’t have any issues with it.  The only change I made was to shorted it by 2”.

Construction notes:  I sew a lot with Burda Magazine, so I’m pretty used to just skimming the instructions.  The skirt was pretty straight forward to sew. 

Since this skirt is high waisted and uses a facing instead of a waistband, I stayed the waist with firm interfacing

PrSkDet2

I also used two buttons at the top for extra security. 

PrSkirtDet1

The ruffled bottom calls for tiny pleats!  Yeah right, mine is just gathered, lol.

PrSkirtDet3

Another Peek Inside:

PrSkDet3

Conclusion:  Another winner for Burda.  I feel sexy and classy all at the same time in this.  It’s been my most worn skirt of the summer.  Plus it goes with so many things- taupe, green, blue, and white.  You can’t beat the versatility.

2 comments:

  1. what a great job you did with this skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment. The skirt has been a favorite of mine this summer.

      Delete

Google