Lauren's Virtual World

Sunday, December 11, 2011

FNSI Recap

Okay, so I’m late with my recap, but I did spend my Friday night sewing.  I don’t have any pretty FO to show because I did a lot of prep work.  I’m going to do my first pair of jeans!  They’re not for me, though.  They’re for T.  On Friday, I finished up all the pattern work and I cutout all the pieces.  Not exciting, but necessary to the process.  I’m using the following pattern:

BWOF 11/05 #137

3636

I figure a mini pair of jeans would be good practice before I sewed a pair for me.  Plus, I’m not too happy with a lot of jeans I’ve been seeing in the stores for little girls.  Is it just me, but is it hard to find a pair of jeans for a little girl that are not super tight skinnies?  I chose this pattern because they are a regular, more traditional style bootcut jean.

----

I am also including a pattern review of my finished pair of shorts from my last FNSI to show that I do finish stuff I start.  These did sit around as a UFO for awhile, but I ended up finishing them in the middle of October.  I can’t wear them now, but it will be nice to have a pair of shorts when it starts to get hot again.

Pattern: BWOF 7/09 113

Fabric Used: Beige Linen Blend from the stash

Front On:
255fd62c871f__1323304082000

Side On:
f123bdeb56d1__1323305415000

Front Flat:
7392f45e00e0__1320929377000

Pattern Notes:

I really like the end result- a nice trouser style pair of shorts.  The nice thing about Burda is that the pattern matches the model photo.  There are some things you might not notice something until you finish the project and see it on yourself.  But when you go back to the model pic, it’s definitely there.  For example, this pattern sits higher on the waist than contemporary cloths, and the pockets don’t completely lie flat.  When I went back to look at the pic, this is definitely evident.  It’s a little different from what I’m used to, but I still like the shorts a lot.

I made my normal alterations- lengthen back crotch length and big butt adjustment (that’s what I call it).  I didn’t do the extended tab on the waistband.  I also left the back plain- no pockets.  I’ll admit it was more laziness than a design feature.

Conclusion:  I definitely recommend this pattern.  It’s a nice basic that’s well drafted.  I love Burda!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google