Lauren's Virtual World

Monday, August 1, 2011

McCall 6078

I’m working on a pair of pants and I am so not happy with them.  I needed a break, so I made this top to distract myself.

Its always fun add a new, cute top to the wardrobe!

Pattern:  McCall 6078, view A

Front: (shown w/ a black cami underneath)

775891fea1c6__1312055471000

Back:

da77bef46345__1312055908000

Fabric Used:  rayon/spandex jersey- you know that wild print stuff that Fabric.com and Fabricmart have

Patterns Notes:

Luckily, there are finished measurements on the pattern, so it’s easy to tell this pattern runs big.  I used the XS, even though I normally sew a 12 in tops.  I also added tie straps to the back to keep it in place.  The top also looks good off the shoulders.  Depending on how tight I tie the ties, I can wear it either way.

Besides this, there’s not much more to say about this pattern.  I sewed it straight out the envelope and the instructions are easy to follow.  It sews up quick, it makes sense, and it looks cute. 

Conclusion:  Overall, I’m pretty happy with my new shirt and I definitely recommend the pattern.  I can see myself sewing the other views.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that! I'm really happy with the top. I wore it Friday and got some nice compliments. And the bonus is that it's so quick and easy to sew.

    ReplyDelete

Google