Lauren's Virtual World

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Knit Separates

Ok, I really need to sew something besides knits. But they are so fast, easy, and comfortable that I can’t help myself.

Top:

22e7ad778211__1310577210000

dff95ef3ee91__1310577891000

Fabric: Rayon Spandex Jersey- some of that wild print stuff that Fabricmart and Fabric.com have

Pattern: Can’t you tell? It’s BWOF 5/05 125- the top version. (technically the top is 124)

I love it if you didn’t already guess. I am going to give this pattern a break though. I really can’t have a closet full of the same thing, lol.

Maxi Skirts:

I left some of the background in the pics so you can see part of my sewing room. Just thought I would share a little of where the magic happens. It’s kind of messy but what sewing room isn’t.

Pattern: Self Drafted, its adapted from the skirt version on my racerback maxidress. Its fitted and flares out at the knee. It also has a foldover waistband.

Nude Version:

6901c1045cfe__1310577832000

Foldover Waistband:

ac14d4862466__1310576936000

The black one looks exactly the same except you can’t really see it in any photos.

Fabric: Modal Spandex Jersey

I love this color. The fabric is pretty thin (not see thru, though) so I doubled it up. I treated it the same way you would treat an interlining. The inner layer ends right below the knee b/c I didn’t have enough fabric to do full pieces. I think it works good for coverage but I’m going to have to double check w/ a friend to be sure.

Black Version:

71a0e4e469ee__1310576746000

Fabric: Bamboo/ Cotton Jersey from Fabric.com. Great stuff!

It’s pictured with tank I made a few months ago out of zebra knit. The tank is from Simplicity 2317, it’s the same pattern I used for the top part of my maxi dress.

Racerback in the back:

3a9a70a7d72b__1310578165000

---

Conclusion: I love all of it.

I love sewing knits, but I need to flex my sewing muscles a little and make something a little more substantial. I’m so low on bottoms, so I’m going to try a pair of those next. I’ve been wanting to sew some jeans. I've been playing around with bleaching samples from the stash, just to see what I can do with it. Hopefully I will have something to show soon.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much. I'm really happy with the way it all came out. I love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all, especially the zebra print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for that Faye. Can't wait to see your next project. I'm sure it will be super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Google