Lauren's Virtual World

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

BWOF 5/05 125- Take 2

I loved this dress so much I had to make another.

Front:

23f462c1e95f__1309959155000

Back:

eccc4c7b8911__1309959065000

Front Twist:

9ad157c39a8e__1309959115000

Fabric Used: Paisley Border Print ITY from Fabricmart.  And its still available- click here.  Warning- despite being opaque, this fabric is thin and slinky.

 

Right now, this is my favorite pattern.  Would it be crazy if I just had a closet full of these dresses, lol?  Ok, I’m not going to make too many more, but I do have the top version coming up soon. 

I also need a cover up for this dress, but I’m not sure what to do.  Right now, I’m just using my jean jacket. I’m thinking of making a cropped wrap top out of a coral cotton knit jersey that matches a color in the dress.  The only problem is that fabric was promised to T.  She keeps begging me for all MY fabric!

4 comments:

  1. It's adorable. Make as many as you want.

    I used to work for a woman (in a biochemistry lab) who essentially wore the same thing every day. Some version of a twin set and skirt. It was like her uniform. She said she never had to think about what she wore and it always matched. She said she had more important things to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that. It seems like so many things that are in style right now are not flattering on me. I'm just so excited to find a dress that makes me and my body type look great. This dress is definitely made for curvy girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgia girls do such beautiful stitching work! I'm so glad that you commented on my blog as I had never seen your blog before. I'm signing up to follow you now and thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment! I usually follow your blog, and I've been meaning to comment more. I love your work. And I'm hoping you do another sew along soon.

    ReplyDelete

Google