Lauren's Virtual World

Sunday, May 15, 2011

BWOF 5/05 125

Yes, I’ve been sewing, and I have crappy phone pics to prove it, lol. Seriously, though, I still don’t have a camera. The costumes and the performance have finally ended and I’ve been on a sewing roll since then. I’ll get some pics of the costumes up soon.

I’ve been so disappointed with Burda lately. I know some really like the new stuff, but the patterns are so boring, plain, and fattening. They’ve been dressing up boring, mundane patterns in beautiful fabric, but I’m buying the patterns, not the fabric. The good thing about this is that I get to go back and revisit all my old Burda’s. There are some really awesome patterns that I never got around to making.

Pattern: BWOF 5/05 125

bwof505125

Front:

ldrs4

Back:

ldrs3

Front Close-up:

ldrs2

Fabric Used: Poly/Lycra Jersey knit that feels like a beefy ITY from Gorgeous Fabrics (don’t you just love when someone links where to buy the fabric). This really is great fabric. In fact, I want to buy more of this stuff exactly in different prints. I know some people have issues with Poly and heat, but I was fine all day long when I wore this in the Georgia heat.

Pattern Notes:

For the pattern, I didn’t make any alteration at all and it fit perfect! The only difference is that I left the slit out and I hemmed it to where it me best. This dress is great is you have a large bust. I’m a D-cup and it fit perfect as is. There’s a little cleavage, but not really boobalicious, almost respectable cleavage.

There is a top version that was the selected pattern for detailed sewing instructions this issue, so the instructions are more detailed than usual BWOF. I deviated a lot from the instructions, though. I self-lined the bodice which completely changed the instructions. And it definitely looks a lot cleaner than their method. They want you to just turn and stitch every edge. I also used interfacing strips along the neckline edges, waistline, and hem, but I always do that anyways.

The twist was kind of confusing, esp since I self-lined it. It wasn’t hard, but you really have to think about what your doing. I pinned a lot of it together on my dressform to ensure I didn’t sew something backwards, upside down, etc. In the end it all worked out pretty good.

Conclusion: I LOVE it! Great pattern, especially if you have a large bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google