Lauren's Virtual World

Monday, April 4, 2011

My Best Blow-Out in Years!

I had my hair straightened! I have been searching for someone high and low to blow dry my hair like I used to get it done in Chicago. But it always turns into a frizzy mess and the last person was a disaster. But I have now found someone!

Salon:

Sula’s Dominican Hair Salon, my stylist was Alex.

4934 Peachtree Road

Chamblee, GA 30341

770-458-1129

Front:

d2316df99b36__1299697709000

Back:

e7090a2307f6__1299697666000

It’s bone straight to the roots:

3b42f6ce9ae9__1299697418000

It’s not really styled in the photos, I just combed it out from it’s wrap b/c I didn’t want to put heat on it unless I really needed to look cute. And I am wearing a self stitched shirt in the photo!

More details:

-Total time spend from when I walked in and walked out 3.5 hours. That’s not too bad.

-They don’t really style it, they really just get it straight. She did trim and shape my hair and she did a really good job.

-Conditioner treatment, wash, blow dry, and trim: $65, plus a tip

-Warning- There is a lot of heat but that is needed to get your hair straight like this. Because of the heat, I probably would only do this only once every 2 months or so or for a special occasion.

-Another warning. They recommended I get a keratin treatment to help straighten it and I declined. Since my interest was piqued, I looked it up online when I got home, and discovered it’s bad news. A lot of people have had their hair fall out from it. And some formulas contain dangerous amounts of formaldehyde. Yes, formaldehyde!

Conclusion:

If you have natural hair and are having trouble finding someone to do a good blowout, you definitely need to try Sula’s. I love my hair!!!

----

On another note, I am still camera-less. A new camera is not in the budget right now. And since I have an inexpensive point and shoot, it doesn’t make much sense to try to get it repaired. Hopefully, I’ll get a new one soon, and I won’t be stuck w/ camera phone pics.

Yeah, a lot of my Me-Made-March stuff is missing. It was hard to do w/o the camera. Up to week 3, I was taking notes on what I wore and I was doing good. But the last week, I just kind of fell off. I was busy with work and sewing costumes so my focus was there.

The Me-Made-March challenge did make me think about my wardrobe more and how I sew. I like sewing for myself, but it’s not really feasible, at least for me, to have a completely hand sewn wardrobe. I think I want to be more concerned w/ having a wardrobe I like, hopefully love, than to be completely made by me. It also taught me, I need to make some jeans!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Lauren. I haven't been here in a while ;) Gorgeous hair! How long did it last. I had mine done and I kinda liked it but it lasted only 3 days. I mainly had it done to get the ends clipped so I wasn't too mad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you! Mine lasted 3 weeks, although the last week was I had to wear ponytails. She even did a better job than Ossama's or Yehia. I was so happy, especially after my last few horrible experiences.

    Did you take any pics of yours? I'd love to see.

    ReplyDelete

Google