Lauren's Virtual World

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Me-Made-March Day 1

IMG_0623

Yeah, it must be crazy hair day, too.  I didn’t realize it was so crazy until I saw the pics.  Photography is courtesy of T. 

Handmade Items:

-Boyfriend Cardigan, details below

-Lace Cami

The Boyfriend Cardigan

Front:

IMG_0606

Side:

IMG_0607

Some details:

IMG_0608

IMG_0614

Fabric Used: Polyester/Lycra sweater knit.  This was surprisingly nice to be all poly.  Yeah, I’m a fabric snob.

Pattern Notes:

I wanted a raglan sleeve, loose fitting cardigan, that didn’t look like a bag on me.  I used S2288 as a base and made lots of modifications to get the look I wanted.  Overall, it’s pretty much as I envisioned it and I’m very happy with the outcome. You won’t get this look using the pattern because I made a lot of changes, but I do recommend it.  It’s a good looser style raglan cardigan pattern. 

You might have noticed some changes in my sewing space.  I moved in January so I have a new sewing area.  Plus I have a new addition as well-  my new dressform!  I’m so in love with her and doesn’t she make my clothes looks so much better.  She’s from Roxy and I plan on writing a review soon.

 

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! I had to go back and read your post on how you made the cami.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this outfit and you are rockin' the hair! I just order a dressform and I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, guys. And Candice I'm sure you will love your new dressform. Be sure to post and let us see it.

    ReplyDelete

Google