Lauren's Virtual World

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BWOF 9/06 115- The 2 Yard Wrap Dress!

So I’m not a complete bore, I have a quickie review to share.

This is what I’m calling My Amazing 2 Yard Wrap Dress. I wanted to include a collar and cuffs, but I literally squeezed all I could out of my 2 yards.

Pattern Used: BWOF 9/06 115

IMG_0576

Fabric: Leopard Printed Modal Spandex Spandex Jersey

Pattern Alterations: Nothing! That’s the great thing about Burda for me. I can confidently sew something up without being worried about major pattern errors or fit issues.

The only differences are minor. I used bindings instead of facings. This was mainly due to fabric constraints but I think bindings usually look better anyway. I also removed most of the sleeve cap ease, but this is typical on all knits I sew.

Neckline Binding Close-Up:

IMG_0578

Conclusion: Love it! This dress is great because I feel (and look, I hope) sexy, stylish, and comfortable all at the same time.

If you are short on a gorgeous knit that would look great as a wrap dress, do NOT overlook this pattern. All the other wrap dress patterns I had on hand would not have been able to fit on 2 yards. There’s even a version with military details that’s really cute.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic dress! And fantastic fabric! That is astounding getting it out of 2 yards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. I was determined this dress happen with this fabric, lol.

    Also wanted to say I love your blog. Your Patrones previews have been causing me to spend way too much on Patrones recently.

    ReplyDelete

Google