Lauren's Virtual World

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Simplicity 2287

Simplicity 2287

I bought this only for the mockneck. I’m really not sure what’s going on with the other items in this wardrobe pattern, but they sure are hiding a great mock-neck pattern. I usually hate turtlenecks, but it’s been so cold I felt like I really needed a warm top. And mock necks are easier on my neck.

Fabric Used: Modal/Spandex jersey

Front:

001

Back:

005

Gathering in front:

002

Sleeve Detail:

003

A 4” inch section is gathered close to the end of the sleeve. I lengthened the sleeves to full length instead of 3/4 sleeves. I didn’t use the suggested 1/4” elastic. I just used elastic thread in the bobbin.

Back Slit:

006

I omitted the zipper and added a slit in the back for detail.

Conclusion: Love it! I wore it as soon as I made it. This is a great basic pattern that lends itself to some fun design details. I can see changing it up a little and making more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google