Lauren's Virtual World

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What I’m Working On

Since I finished that UFO, I allowed myself to start another project.  And I’m making jeggings.  Yes, jeggings.  And I think this makes me the biggest hypocrite b/c I hate the whole super tight pants trend.  But to stay true to myself, I promise to always wear something that covers my butt in them.

Here’s my inspiration- a very clean style by Vince.  I really heart Vince.  And if I had the money to buy designer cloths, I would be all over that line.

472

I was going to use McCall 6173, but I was too paranoid to trust their draft.  I know I’m bad, but I hate making muslins.  I’ll do anything to avoid it.  I had my pattern all traced and ready to go, but I just couldn’t cut my fabric. I kept having visions of nightmare crotch curves, lol.  So I ended up drafting them myself.  I used my knit pant block that was developed from a BWOF pattern.  I knew all the important stuff –waist to hip area- fit and I worked from there to make them tight and skinny. 

They’re currently in progress and I hope to be able to share soon.  But here’s a sneak peak.

jegging preview

That’s the hem w/ the zipper on the side.  Sorry if the photo is kinda cheesy, but I tried, lol.

In other news, I have a T project.  She likes to sew, so I’m teaching her the ropes.  Here’s a quick and easy project she made.  I cut and directed, but she sewed the whole thing.  I used post its as a seam guide- a great tip that I got from Debbie’s blog- to make sure she kept her seams straight.  It really did help her control her seams.

001

It’s just a simple drawstring bag made out of some stash red satin she picked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google