Lauren's Virtual World

Thursday, October 7, 2010

KS 3740

Good News! I was able to salvage the pics on my old computer so here's photos of my last 2 dresses on me. Please excuse my crazy hair, though. I was visiting my Gramma's house and she is the informercial queen. Well, she had an Instyler and I of course had to try it. It worked decent, but I got tired halfway through the straightening process and just gave up. So I just threw it in a ponytail, added a head band, and called it a day.

NL 6429

Photobucket

BWOF 7/09 124

Photobucket

It's not the most slimming, but this is so comfortable to wear, almost like throwing on a pair of sweats- seriously.

And another review I've been meaning to write up:

KS 3740

Photobucket


Fabric Used: Bamboo/Cotton Jersey, and matching Bamboo/Cotton Ribbing from Fabric.com

Pattern Notes: This pattern is as great as all the hype on PR has made it out to be. No fit alterations whatsoever! What makes it great:

-subtle side seam shaping that needed no alteration
-perfectly draped cowl
-neckline is in just the right spot- not too low, not too high.

The only changes I made were minor design changes. I shortened the sleeves and added a ribbed band.

Conclusion: Great pattern! This was my first Kwik Sew, and I'm definitely impressed.

On the sewing front, I'm kind of in a rut. I have 3 UFO's. Ughh! I hate UFO's. I can't force myself to finish any of them, and I can't start anything new with that many projects in progress. So I haven't sewn at all in a week.

3 comments:

  1. Those are all cute and look good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice comments :) And I do have to say I really love the New Look dress. It really is a great pattern to have.

    ReplyDelete

Google