Lauren's Virtual World

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Playing with T-Shirt Transfers

I used Tattos Tees and I have to say this book is great. Its only t-shirt transfers, but the graphics are really cool. You get a lot and they even provide ideas for placement. There are only two drawbacks. One is that most of the designs are too large for childrens' clothes. They'll fit, but the proportions aren't the best. And second, is that some of the designs are pressed into other from other pages. For example, if two designs are on opposite pages, they both have a faint outline of the other on each other. Luckily, it's very faint so its not very obvious on t-shirt. This is my first attempt doing t-shirt transfer so that might even be how they all are.

Ofcourse, I got all these ideas for transfers and ordered all this t-shirt knit from Fabric.com. And I only end up making one tank. I still have plans for more, but you know how sewing goes. More ideas(and fabric and patterns) than time. Plus, I think I just sew really slow, lol.

But here's the tank I made. Yeah, I know it's wrinkled, but I'm trying to get better. I also didn't include any pattern notes b/c its a basic tank that I reviewed here. But I did give myself that extra hip room.

Pattern Used: M5853

Fabric: A poly/lycra knit from when Voguefabrics was in town during the expo. I really miss Vogue so much.

Front:

Photobucket

Back:

Photobucket

Side:

Photobucket

Conclusion: If you have any interest in making contemporary graphic tees or tanks, Tattoo Tees is a must have.

4 comments:

  1. hi
    new to your blog and Candice's where I found you,
    I like the tank I think it came out well. I think you should try that same design in a bolder color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carla. Thx for reading my blog and commenting! The thing w/ t-shirt transfer is that they come out that color. I want to try some other printing techniques so they come out bolder. In fact, I have 3 or 4 projects in my head (and stash) right now, lol. Just need to find the time. You know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete

Google