Lauren's Virtual World

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

BWOF 7/09 116

7/09 was one of my most favorite issues of BWOF. As soon as I saw the preview, I wanted to make almost everything in this issue. Even after a year, I still love it.

So here's my version of the #116 maxi dress.

Front:

Photobucket

Back:

Photobucket
Back:



Side:

Photobucket

Yes, it's one of those "pregnancy" dresses. But I kind of like it. Very comfy!

Fabric Used: Rayon Jersey, and Sofia doubleknit for the straps (it was the closest match to the purple in the dress)

Pattern Notes: This dress is pretty easy to put together. The hardest part is the straps but it's not really too hard. I did have to redo one of the sides to make it even with the other side.

Strap Close Up:

Photobucket

For some reason, the instructions were very clear to me. I'm worried that might mean I've been reading way too many BWOF instructions.

I did have to take it in a LOT. This is a petite pattern and the size that corresponded most to my measurements was 21. I ended up having to take it in by 6" all around on the bodice. I cut off about 4" on the straps, but I think they give you extra so you can adjust it. I decided to just use the extra fabric in the skirt for fullness. I gathered it in. So my dress is fuller than what the pattern is supposed to sew up to. But I like it like that. Like I said, it's just comfier.

Ok, the main problem is that this dress is way too boobalicious. I will definitely be lengthening the front strap to not include soooo much cleavage. I would rather it not be so low, but I'm pretty comfortable with myself, so I wear it anyway.

I'm 5'4" and the length was PERFECT. I didn't add a hem allowance b/c I wanted to keep as much of the purple border as possible.

On me:

Photobucket

Here's the side so you can see the fullness:

Photobucket

Conclusion: LOVE! (ok, well I need to altered the neckline if I make it again). Also, if you like drapy, casual summer style, BWOF 7/09 is a must have issue. If only I had time to sew everything!

2 comments:

  1. OMG this dress is so cute! You really have a gift be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. The dress is pretty. It is boobalicious. I wonder how it would look if the neckline were higher. You look really golden btw.

    ReplyDelete

Google