Lauren's Virtual World

Saturday, October 17, 2009

New Move

Okay, I'm probably crazy but I just moved to Atlanta. I felt like I needed a change of scenery and the opportunity was there so I took it. I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do b/c I really don't know anybody here and I work from home so I won't be meeting anyone through work. Although there were some things I liked about Tampa, I didn't feel at home there. And who knows, I'm a military brat, so I may never feel at home anywhere.

But so far, everything has gone ok. I finally have a sewing room- yay! But I have to share it as an office space, but no biggie. It's a lot more than I ever had before. And get this, the previous tenants left this huge, solid wood desk. It's perfect for sewing- I can fit all my machines on there and still have some work space left. As for other areas, my daughter is in school and I'm all set up for work. So I'm trying to keep a positive outlook. I guess I'm going to just drive around and visit different places to kind of get a feel for the city. And of course take advantage of all the great community stuff Atlanta has going on.

On the bad side- It's sooo cold. You wouldn't believe I was originally from Chicago the way I can't tolerate the cold. Florida really has me spoiled. I came here in flip flops and a tank top and I need to go buy some winter coats, lol. I don't think I kept mine from Chicago, but if I did, it's buried deep in some box somewhere.

Well I'm still trying to get settled, so no sewing right now, but I plan to start up again soon. So hopefully some reviews will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google