Lauren's Virtual World

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Simplicity 3859 Version 2

Simplicty 3859 Version 2

Front and Back View




















Fabric: Cotton Seersucker, lace trim, and satin ribbon all from JoAnn, bleached cotton muslin from my stash for underlining

Likes: For this version I used view F. I can't really add to the likes that I mentioned from the previous post. Honestly, I really like just about everything about this pattern.

Changes: I also used a button placket for this version instead of a zipper. There was also about 1/2" gapping in the front that I had to take out. I had to take it from the side of the bodice since I was fitting the fashion fabric, but I folded it out on the pattern for next time.

I wanted to be more creative so I added some more detail w/ satin ribbon and lace. I used it for the strap and on the hem. I'm very conservative design-wise so the detail is subtle, but I really like it. I have 2 detail shots below.





Because the seersucker was so lightweight, I decided to underline it with some cotton bleached muslin I had laying around the house. Turns out I really like how it worked and I'll probably use it again to underline more of dresses if needed. I used this Thread's article and I love the clean finish it created on the inside.


















1 comment:

Google