Lauren's Virtual World

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring Fashion 08 Review Part 1

Ok, I may be late. With the internet and how fast info spreads, they’re talking about spring fashion in January and resort in October. So by March, it almost seems like it’s old news and the fall shows are what’s what. But I’m a fashion traditionalist and March is all about Spring Fashion. Well folks, it’s March and here- it’s all about Spring Fashion. So here’s what I'm loving!





Whats Hot




Ethereal, Floral Prints:
I want some pretty, floaty blouse. I’m on the hunt for some good fabric to inspire me. Emmaonesock.com has posted some really pretty cotton/silk voile. Unfortunatly, my stash has grown to ridiculous proportions so I’m on fabric buying probation.


















Light Denim:

Lately, light denim has taken a backseat to dark denim, but there has been a resurgence of light denim this season. It looks great for spring. Especially with one of those pretty floral blouses.










High Waisted, Wide Leg:

Please let this mean I don’t have to see anyone’s crack or panties anymore. And if anyone has seen mine, I’m truly sorry. They were only making low-rise jeans; I couldn’t find any regular jeans that didn’t look like Mom jeans. Oh yes, and goodbye muffin top. I think this look is so flattering on just about everyone. And did I mention comfortable. I want a pair of light denim high waist trouser jeans. The only tricky thing with this look is the shoe. I think they look best with a heel or wedge.





















Brights:

I love Spring’s color palette. It’s so bright and pretty tone down with some sexy nuetrals. Dresses are gorgeous but I love the idea of working some bright pants with a bright top. It's tough, but you just have to own it.





















Shorts:

I used to think of shorts as too casual but you can definitely make them look more sophisticated depending on fabric and cut. I personally like the shorty shorts, but bermudas are cute, too.












Gladiator Sandals:

I really like this look in either flats, heels, or wedges.
These are so hot- and for only $98 from Nine West.





Photos from: Style.com (Spring 2008 collections from Gucci, Stella Mccartney, Versace, Doori, Chanel, DKNY, Calvin Klein, and Balenciaga), Nine West.com, Neiman Marcus.com, Net-a-Porter.com, Lucky Magazine
Mar 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google